Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Texas State Fair

It was a bizarre Saturday,
7am that morning I had schooled both of my younger brothers in how to run a 5K,
that was the highlight of the day.

Four hours later, under the heat of the Texan Sun I made my first visit to a State Fair.
I wasn't expecting to be amazed, but I was not expecting to be appalled by the lack of Texas things in the Fair. It was just corporate meets the fairground.
It didn't help that it was 95 degrees in the shade so you couldn't stand around for too long in the heat to admire the crap. I tried my best to give it a chance, but it became painfully obvious that the fair was not a good move as soon as my family started to get annoyed with the place. We left after a few short dissapointing hours.

They didn't even have a t shirt in my size.

No comments: